The network welcomes anyone with an interest in African economic history to become a member.
The network is managed by a committee that consists of nine members. These are:
- Erik Green: Co-founder – Lund University
- Morten Jerven: Co-founder – Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Gareth Austin – University of Cambridge
- Joseph Inikori – University of Rochester
- Alexander Moradi – University of Sussex
- Ewout Frankema – Wageningen University
- Chibuike Uche – African Studies Centre Leiden
- Johan Fourie – Stellenbosch University
- Ellen Hillbom – Lund University
At this initial stage, the network arranges meetings twice annually.
Members will also be informed about workshops, conference sessions etc. arranged by the AEHN.
- 7 July 2012: Stellenbosch, South Africa View Provisional Programme
- 11-12 September 2012: Geneva, Switzerland Programme for New Frontiers in AEH Workshop Provisional
- 17-21 April 2013: Vancouver, Canada Programme for African Economic Development Measuring Success and Failure
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
Membership is free of charge. As a member you will receive a bi-monthly newsletter and you will also be able to suggest information to the newsletter.